Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chapter 6 Blog

Blog Chapter 6

1.  Polls- are American news media too dependent upon polls?
 Is it appropriate for news agencies to create polls and then report on them?
 Why or why not?

a.     I think Polls are a good way to inform the public of the presidents rating of running our country.  The President looks at the polls, and if he wants a second term he may want to rethink on the mistakes he has made and find out what Americans want. We still have high unemployment and high foreclosures. Yes I think it’s appropriate for news agencies to create polls and give Americans a report on them.  I don’t think they are dependent on them. I think they are giving us information on what we want to know, or should know.

2.     How important is party identification to you as a democrat, republican or liberal? Was it more or less important to your friends? Why or why not?
a.     It used to be important to me; I was all democrat and wouldn’t vote for any other party. But now I’m changing my way of thinking. All of it is messed up. We need fresh thoughts of what Americans want. What they are doing now is not working. My friends are angry with the president and the government. They are not for any political party. They think that they have run this country in the ground and we may never recover from it.

3.     Do you feel that your opinion of politics is more influenced by economic issues or social issues? Why?
a.      Economics because of unemployment and the debt. If they cut government spending, it would be on the democratic side. Republicans won’t give in very much. They are for the wealthy and the Democrats are for the middle class and poor. And what happens when they raise the debt ceiling? They will just keep raising it and not pay it back.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you pointed out how you have become disillusioned with class identification. I'm seeing more and more of that as the years go by. But I must say I disagree with your opinion of Democrats being for the middle class and poor. I have seen more tax hikes on the middle class proposed and passed by the Democratic party than the Republicans.

    ReplyDelete